Frequently Asked Questions
- What is "green" tourism?
- Practicing good environmental stewardship through the use of methods and products that lessen the adverse impact on the environment.
- How can I “green” my business to help protect the environment?
- There are many ways to go green. They include purchasing environmentally friendly products and services, installing efficient lighting and plumbing fixtures, providing opportunities for recycling, providing your staff with educational resources to share with customers, and the list goes on. Visit our pages to find out more.
- How can my business apply for recognition with NC GreenTravel?
- From our home page, click on the "Get Recognized" link. That will take you to our page containing applications for lodging, restaurants, attractions and other businesses. Fill in the appropriate application and send it to email@example.com . If you do not see an application for your particular type of business, call us at (919) 707-8140 and we will walk you through the application process.
- What will I receive as a recognized NC GreenTravel business?
- Recognized businesses receive a NC GreenTravel door decal and a framable wall certificate denoting them as a green travel business. They also receive free listings on the NC GreenTravel website map and listings pages. NC GreenTravel properties are listed with AAA and identified by the AAA ECO Logo.