Recent CRC Actions
At its May 2014 meeting, the CRC:
- Per 15A NCAC 7J.0703(d), remanded a variance request from CXA-10 Corporation (Watermark Marina) of New Hanover County,who sought relief from the CRC’s ¼-width rule for piers in order to extend an existing pier by more than 1,000 feet in order to reach a 6-foot water depth. The variance request will be reheard at the next regular CRC meeting, including a new survey of water depths.
- Granted a variance request from Terry and NancyGrier of New Hanover County, who sought relief from the CRC’s oceanfront setback rules in order to enclose an existing covered porch at their residence in Kure Beach.
- Granted a variance request from Michael and Susan Edwards of Onslow County, who sought relief from the commission’s 30-foot setback rule in order to construct a single-family residence on a canal lot near Sneads Ferry. The commission waived the prerequisite that a variance first be sought from the county.
- Reauthorized a Static Line Exception for the Town of Wrightsville Beach.
- Reauthorized a Static Line Exception for the Town of Carolina Beach.
- Move forward with proposed amendments to 15A NCAC 7K .0208 Single Family Residence Exemption – Adjacent Property Owner Notification, which would amend adjacent property owner notification requirements to streamline exemptions for single-family residences in the Estuarine Shoreline Area of Environmental Concern.
- Move forward with proposed amendments to 15A NCAC 7H .1500 GP for Excavation of Upland Basins – Excavation and Bulkheads, which would streamline permits associated with upland boat basins.
- Adopted the proposed charge to the CRC Science Panel for the sea level rise update.
- Adopted 15A NCAC 7H .0312 Technical Standards for Beach Fill Projects.
- Adopted 15A NCAC 7H .1204 & .1205 General Permit for the Construction of Piers and Docking Facilities In Estuarine and Public Trust Waters and Ocean Hazard Areas.
- Adopted 15A NCAC 7H .1305 General Permit to Construct Boat Ramps Along Estuarine and Public Trust Shorelines and Into Estuarine and Public Trust Waters.
CRC actions from 2014: February
CRC actions from 2013: February | May |July|November |December
CRC actions from 2012: February | April | May | June | August | November
CRC actions from 2011: February |May | August
CRC actions from 2010: January |March |May |July |September
CRC actions from 2009: February |April |June |August |October
CRC actions from 2008: January |March |May |July |September |November
CRC actions from 2007: January |March |May |July |September
CRC actions from 2006: January |March |June |September |November
CRC actions from 2005: January |April |June |November
CRC actions from 2004: January |April |June |August |October
CRC actions from 2003: January |April |July |October
CRC Actions from 2002: January and February|April |July |October