At its October 2004 meeting, the CRC:
- Adopted for public hearing a permanent rule that would create a general permit to allow construction of riprap sills for wetland enhancement and shoreline protection in estuarine and public trust waters. A public hearing on the rule will be held during the next CRC meeting.
- On the recommendation of the Planning and Special Issues Subcommittee, the commission voted to certify an Advanced Core Land Use Plan for the Town of Emerald Isle.
- On the recommendation of the Planning and Special Issues Subcommittee, the commission voted to certify a Land Use Plan amendment for Chowan County. This amendment will create a new urban waterfront development area in the county.
- Granted a variance to Larry Powell of New Hanover County, who sought relief from the commission’s 30-foot buffer rule to build a single-family home on a property in Carolina Beach.
- Affirmed an administrative law judge’s decision in the case of Ray, et al v. Division of Coastal Management, Brunswick County, who appealed the issuance of CAMA permits based on a re-staked vegetation line in Ocean Isle Beach.
CRC actions from 2004:January |April |June |August
CRC actions from 2003:January |April |July |October
CRC Actions from 2002:January and February|April |July |October