At its January 2007 meeting, the CRC:
· Adopted an amendment to 07H. 0306, General Use Standards for Ocean Hazard Areas, eliminating the public expenditure clause in the rule.
- On the recommendation of the Planning and Special Issues Subcommittee, the commission voted to certify a Land Use Plan for the Town of Beaufort.
- On the recommendation of the Planning and Special Issues Subcommittee, the commission voted to certify a Land Use Plan amendment for the Town of Emerald Isle.
- Voted to send a letter to the Waterfront Access Study Committee expressing the Commission’s concerns regarding the loss of access to Public Trust Waters, and offering its support to the Committee.
· Granted a variance to the Fund for Sandy Point, a planned development in Chowan County, who sought relief from the commission’s specific use standards for estuarine waters in order to construct three excavation channels within areas containing submerged aquatic vegetation. The petitioner has developed a mitigation plan for the environmental impacts.
· Granted two variances to Keith and Elizabeth Wilson of Brunswick County,who sought relief from the commission’s setback rule in order to construct two single-family residences on two adjacent lots in Oak Island. The petitioner’s proposed development does not meet the required setback from a pre-nourishment project vegetation line.
· Tabled a variance request from William and Heather Maxwell of Dare County, who sought relief from the commission’s 30-foot buffer rule in order to construct a 20-foot-wide driveway on their property in Manteo. The variance decision will be made at the next regular CRC meeting in March.
- Upheld an administrative law judge’s decision in the case of Joseph Diello v. Division of Coastal Management. The petitioner had sought to build a sunroom addition on a single-family residence in New Bern, which would exceed the commission’s impervious surface limits. The ALJ found in favor of the Division of Coastal Management.
CRC actions from 2006:January |March |June |September |November
CRC actions from 2005:January |April |June |November
CRC actions from 2004:January |April |June |August |October
CRC actions from 2003:January |April |July |October
CRC Actions from 2002:January and February|April |July |October