At it’s August 2004 meeting, the CRC:
- Voted to change the days of regular CRC and CRAC meetings from Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The change will begin with the January 2005 meeting.
- Voted to include standard permit conditions for variances from the CRC’s coastal shoreline buffer rule whenever those variances are granted on the condition that a stormwater management system will be installed on the property. The Final Order for such permits would include four stipulations designed to establish a minimum design standard for stormwater systems and ensure their continued maintenance by current and future property owners.
- Voted to postpone for one year a request by Oak Island for the calculation and establishment of an alternative vegetation line in areas affected by both beach nourishment and storm damage.
- Voted to devote the first day of the Commission’s October 2004 meeting to discussion of the Coastal Habitat Protection Plan recommendations.
- Denied a variance to Louis Wetmore of Bald Head Island, who sought permission to exceed the allowable height for a sandbag structure by three feet. The CRC’s sandbag rules limit the height of sandbags to six feet.
- Granted a variance to Richard L. Vanstory Sr. of Brunswick County, who sought relief from the coastal shoreline buffer rules to build a new residence in Ocean Isle Beach. Mr. Vanstory will address buffer issues by installing an engineer-designed stormwater management system. As a condition of the variance, the minor permit will include conditions designed to establish a minimum design standard for the stormwater management system and ensure its continued maintenance by current and future property owners.
- Granted a variance to the Town of Belville, which sought relief from the CRC’s rule prohibiting navigation channels in Primary Nursery Areas in order to dredge a 30' by 300' access channel from a public boat ramp to the Brunswick River. Petitioner will be permitted to construct a channel up to 60 feet wide, as outlined in the original permit request. The Town will still need to receive federal authorization for this project.
CRC actions from 2004: January | April | June
CRC actions from 2003: January | April | July | October
CRC Actions from 2002: January and February | April | July | October