Part of APNEP's mission is to identify and monitor the significant resources in the Albemarle-Pamlico Region. With iNaturalist (iNat), you can become part of an integrated network that does just that! iNat is an app that allows you to record what you see in nature, meet other nature lovers, and learn more about the natural world.
If enough people record their observations, the data will provide scientists and land managers with useful information for monitoring the biodiversity of a particular place over time.
APNEP needs your help identifying species living in the Albemarle-Pamlico watershed - in your backyard, school yard, favorite vacation spot, and more. Make an iNat account today and get your species "life list" started!
How to get involved:
1. Create an iNaturalist account at iNaturalist.org.
2. To make an observation using a mobile device, download the iNaturalist app (available for Android and iPhone/iPad).
3. Open the app and enter your login information.
4. Take a photo of a plant or animal species using either the iNaturalist app or a camera.
5. Upload your observation to website. Using a smarphone/tablet, sync your observations to the website. If using a camera, upload photos directly to the iNaturalist site or to your Flickr account which can be linked to iNaturalist.
6. Log on to iNaturalist on your computer to edit the recently added observations (add species ID, descriptions, etc.).
Video instructions on using the iNat app, posted by the iNaturalist creators.
CCMP action: E1.3