Sustainability - Ride Share Application - Sustainability - Discussion Forums

Sustainability

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Ride Share Application
toggle
Ride Share Application
2/2/10 8:13 PM
This is just a general thought, and I plan to discuss with Steve and Brandon, and possibly some from Emerging Technologies, but is there a way or programming an app to ahead of meetings "manage the carpooling". In stating it, it almost seems trite, but I could see instead of the having to email back and forth from the portal simply inputting from/to, into a system; and others doing the same. And the app shows optoins and as those options are decided upon the options change dynamically.

I think this could be very cool in the sense of time savings and better communications/management of carpooling. It become the standard when taking a trip, especially from regional office with individuals heading toward the same direction.
Flag Flag
RE: Ride Share Application
3/10/10 10:10 AM as a reply to Eric Ellis.
Hey Eric, just seeing this now as I check the board for potential rideshares to Green Employee Living mtg at noon bfore the large team meeting.
The idea of an app sounds interesting; yes any email process back and forth is cumbersome.

On a broader note, a question about managing/promoting ridesharing to meetings - for all of DENR - was raised to me at the February meeting. This location on the forum is meant to serve that purpose, but it's buried in the Sustainability section of the portal (and not that easy to find), and as you say it is kind of cumbersome. Most employees don't know about it, and before we promote it, it might make sense to wait for something more streamlined, if that something is a possibility.

This is something I'd like to address in the Green Commute subcommittee, and certainly it cross-cuts to the Green Employee living area.

Milli
Flag Flag
25608 FEEDBACK

Your input is valuable to us. Please send us your feedback.

What type of feedback would you like to send?*

Ask a Question Report a Problem Have a Concern Make a Comment

(If you would like us to respond please include your phone or e-mail.)

Your Question has been sent. Thank you!

An internal server error prevented Your Question from being sent.
Please try again later, or call Toll-Free (877) 623-6748 for immediate assistance.

Please complete all highlighted items

Your Problem has been sent. Thank you!

Please try again later, or call Toll-Free (877) 623-6748 for immediate assistance.

Your Concern has been sent. Thank you!

Your Comment has been sent. Thank you!

*If you are a DENR employee with an I.T. issue, please submit a DOTS ticket.