2013 Sustainability Training Conference
DENR Sustainability Training Conference
- Empower DENR employees to be sustainable in the workplace
- Share examples of successful sustainability projects within DENR
- Network, discuss ideas and identify hurdles to increasing sustainability activities
- Increase awareness about the DENR Sustainability Team and other resources available within DENR
DENR Managers responsible for implementing sustainability initiatives and DENR employees interested in sustainability issues in the workplace.
March 6, 2013
- NC Project Green
- Manager’s Forum
- DENR E2 Workgroup
- DENR IT Services
- State Energy Office
- Smart Commute
The DENR Sustainability Team proposes to have a free one day training conference for DENR managers and employees on how to be sustainable in the workplace. Individual DENR employees and their managers have accomplished many small and large sustainability projects over the past several years that are well worth bragging about for the environmental and workplace savings they achieve. However, a recent sustainability survey shows DENR facilities and offices are operating at widely different levels of sustainability activities. The DENR Sustainability Team’s mission is to inspire a culture of sustainability within DENR by promoting environmentally responsible actions.
The DENR Sustainability Team will plan and organize this free one day training conference in partnership with NC Project Green and several DENR employee groups. As busy as DENR employees are, it is often easier and more effective to learn about achievable sustainability projects and activities in a conference or workshop setting. Speakers and technical experts on sustainability are widely available from within state government and the University system.
- DENR employees will have a better foundation of how to be sustainable in the workplace, which will empower them to use identified sustainability tools, example projects, methods and information at their facility or office.
- DENR employees will have a better foundation on how to reduce energy usage and carbon footprint in the workplace.
- The Training Conference will show employees upper management support for being more sustainable in the workplace.
- The Training Conference information and resources will strengthen upper management support for being more sustainable in the workplace.
- DENR employees being more sustainable in the workplace will facilitate increased productivity.
- DENR employee confidence and empowerment from sustainability achievements will improve employee morale.