Below you will find links to a variety of safety training.
Hazard Communication - GHS awareness
The link below will take you to the BEACON login page where you can login to BEACON. Once you are logged in to BEACON follow these instructions to complete the Hazard Communication 2012 curriculum.
- Log into the Beacon system and click on the LMS “Learning” tab.
- Click on “Browse for Training.” Once the screen comes up, look in theupper right hand corner of the screen and you will see a search box. Type the word “hazcom” in the search box and click the search key. The Hazard Communication 2012 Update curriculum should appear. (Make sure your “Pop Up Blocker” has been disabled.)
- If you want to take the course, then click the "Request" button.
- If you are a manager, you should see a blue "Request" and "Assign" button. To take the course, click the "Request" button, otherwise, to assign, click the "Assign" button.
- Click on the curriculum and you will have access to the online course, quiz and the Hess Safety Data Sheets (SDS) needed to answer some of the questions on the quiz.
- Please follow the steps outlined in the curriculum:
- Launch the “Additional Information” section and read the instructions. Once read, click on “Mark Complete.”
- Launch the course. You will need to complete the course before moving to the quiz.
- Once the course has been completed, launch the Hess SDS and the quiz.
- After you have completed the course and the quiz, complete the evaluation and print your certificate.
It takes approximately 40–45 minutes to complete the online presentation and about another 20 minutes to complete the quiz.