RALEIGH – The N.C. Coastal Resources Commission, or CRC, will meet Aug. 29-30 at the Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center in Sunset Beach.
The meeting will begin at 3 p.m. Aug. 29 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 30. The meeting is open to the public.
The following are some of the items on the CRC’s agenda:
· Sandbag Enforcement/Rule Amendments– The CRC’s Ocean Hazards Subcommittee will hear an update on sandbag enforcement prioritization and discuss previously proposed amendments to the commission’s sandbag rules.
· Sea-Level Rise –N.C.Division of Coastal Management, or DCM, staff will discuss potential future division activities related to sea-level rise.
· Land Use Planning Process –DCM staff will present the recommendations of a land use planning guidelines review subcommittee.
· Estuarine Shoreline Stabilization –DCM staff will discuss departmental efforts regarding estuarine shoreline stabilization.
· CRC Rule Development –The CRC willconsider a temporary rule for the replacement of certain oceanfront residential structures, pursuant to section 3 of House Bill 819. The CRC also will consider approving a non-regulatory sea-level rise policy that can be considered at a public hearing.
· Land Use Plan Certifications and Amendments –The CRC will consider land use plan certifications for Southern Shores and Pender County, and land use plan amendments for Swansboro, Jacksonville and Camden County.
· Public Hearing –The CRC will hold a public hearing on a proposal to incorporate updated long-term average annual erosion rates into the state’s oceanfront development rules.
· Public Input and Comment –People may comment on CRC issues at 11 a.m. Aug. 30.
The Coastal Resources Advisory Council, a group that provides the CRC with local government perspectives and technical advice, will meet at 1 p.m. Aug. 29 at the Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.
A full meeting agenda is posted on the N.C. Division of Coastal Management’s website at www.nccoastalmanagement.net.
# # #