RALEIGH – The N.C. Coastal Resources Commission, or CRC, will meet June 20-21 at the NOAA/NCNERR Administration Building, 101 Pivers Island Road, in Beaufort.
The meeting will begin at 1 p.m. June 20 and 8:30 a.m. June 21. The meeting is open to the public.
The following are some of the items on the CRC’s agenda:
- Draft Sea-Level Rise Policy Review– The CRC’s Estuarine and Ocean Systems Subcommittee will consider further revisions to the N.C. Coastal Resources Commission’s draft sea-level rise policy.
- DCM Regulatory Process –N.C.Division of Coastal Management, or DCM, staff will present information on the division’s permitting process, including customer service, the CAMA Major Permit process, and compliance and tiered enforcement policies.
- Land Use Planning Process –DCM staff will review the status of land use planning guidelines and discuss future direction for the program.
- Estuarine Shorelines –DCM staff will discuss departmental coordination efforts with regard to living shorelines, and the division’s recent estuarine shoreline mapping project.
- Variance Request– The CRC will consider one request for a variance from the commission’s rules.
- Land Use Plan Amendments –The CRC will consider land use plan amendments for the towns of North Topsail Beach and Swansboro, and the counties of New Hanover and Pamlico.
- Public Input and Comment –Members of the public may comment on CRC issues at 11:30 a.m. June 21.
The Coastal Resources Advisory Council, a group that provides the CRC with local government perspectives and technical advice, will meet at 10 a.m. June 20 in the NOAA/NCNERR Administration Building auditorium.
# # #